I slowed down on breads lately replacing with vegan bread. No added sugar and no animal’s products. It’s delicious. . It’s a joy creating something i love. Let’s eat.
4 medium bananas (ripe), mashed with a fork
5 medjool dates, pitted chopped + 2 Tbsp water
½ cup coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (option) or you can use cinnamon.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Place the chopped dates in a small container with 2 Tbsp of water in microwave for 30 seconds to soften them.
3. Place the warm dates (with the water), mashed bananas, canola oil and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat well.
4. Add flour and baking powder and beat again to blend well (the batter will be thick).
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, using a spatula to gently spread the batter evenly.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.