What personify comfort food more than any other dish? To me, it’s mashed potatoes. This particular homely mashed potatoes includes skins for extra nutrients. Smoothed white beans add texture and protein.
– 4 medium russet potatoes, washed and cubed
– One 12-ounce can white beans, drained
– ½ cup warm plain almond milk
– ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
– ¼ cup butter
– 1 tablespoon salt
– Dash of pepper
1. Cube the potatoes, but leave the skins on. Put them in a pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring the potatoes to a boil. Cook for 25 minutes or until very tender.
2. Meanwhile puree the white beans in a food processor until smooth. Drain the potatoes. Put them back in the pot, add the bean puree, and add the remaining ingredients. Mash everything together.
3. Heat through and serve your homely mashed potatoes hot. Enjoy!