Get in the mood with colourful salad that will give you a deliciously healthy fix without feeling like you are sacrificing!
We love bocconcini because it’s rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus and vitamins A and B.
2 x 180g free range chicken breast
3 sprigs thyme
10 baby bocconcini
350g heirloom cherry tomatoes
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 sprigs basil
1. In a bowl combine olive oil, thyme leaves, chicken, salt and pepper. Mix to coat well.
2. Heat a non-stick fry pan or grill pan to a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the pan, cover tightly with foil and rest for 2 minutes.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until reduced by half. Remove and set aside.
5. Plate the chicken, then top with tomatoes sliced in half, torn bocconcini and basil leaves. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction.